Mastery over the Present
"The Present is a gift", paraphrase from an Old Turtle.
I have been stripped of myself assurance the past few days. What I knew is clouded from the smoke of marijuana. Now I don't believe marijuana is bad but when it doesn't serve a higher purpose, or limits my ability to participate in the world with the strength I'm accoustomed to, then I no longer want to smoke.
In saying this I have been given a chance to review my thoughts, in a beautiful part of Tasmania right beside a fire. Fire is beautiful metaphor for our actions it breathes, it breeds, it consumes, it grows and it dies. What else do we need?
I'm alone in writing this and leaving distractions behind I see my mind race a thousand miles p/h. I'm really not living in the moment, allowing my mind to dictate actions rather than surrending to impulses that I believe come from my heart and gut. I hear my mind and even beautiful in thought it weakens my ability to see the trees and all it's contours, to smell the emmating perfume of the leaves, to hear the sound of the breeze, to feel the warmth of the fire, to taste the food I picked from a tree.
My thoughts viel these senses and I realize I am not the master of my own present moment and it dissapoints me. I have practiced so long and still I must practice more. On the plus side while rereading this, I realize this is my whole life. My purpose is to love for the moment and learn and unlearn and learn again. What greater goal than to live fully and what a sadder life if you have everything you have dreamed and nothing else left to practice for.
So now I will watch my fire in the dying light, smell it's smoke, sleep on this hard ass ground, eat some delicious cherries and listen to the sound of my dreams.
Peace and Love
Keywords
Present Dreams Reality
Journal Entry: MIA
Day 2
No internet but I'm writing with a purpose. I'm finally living a dream of mine, I'm doing motherfucking martial arts in the damn forest. Like Gohan before me and other anime, action figures and whatever mantastic adventures you can think of. I'm montaguing by a tree I'm beating up.
My mind is clearer, my actions more assured. I'm setting out with a goal. The body trully affects the mind and by exercising and fasting only on cherries, I'm feeling powerful. I want this feeling to translate to all my endevours, I'm content but not comfortable.
Live Free
Rome
Key Words
Dreams Training Comfortable
No comments:
Post a Comment